UPSC CDS Exam 2019, Last Date 26 November 2018: Apply Now!!
UPSC CDS Exam 2019 (I) is for recruiting candidates for the course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy. The candidates willing to apply for CDS Exam 2019 can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
The last date to apply for the posts is set till 26th November 2018. The Exam will be conducted on 03rd February 2019 across the country. Check the eligibility, age limit and selection process along with exam pattern below.
CDS Exam 1 2019 Notification
UPSC CDS Exam (I) 2019 Vacancies Details
- Total No. of Posts: 418 (Approx.)
- This number is likely to change.
Important Dates for UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2019
- Date of Notification: 31st October 2018
- Last Date of Online Applications Form: 26th November 2018
- Date of Examination: 03rd February 2019
- Result Date: June 2019
- SSB Date: July 2019
CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria
Below is the CDS eligibility criteria for all the aspirants of UPSC CDS Exam. Check the CDS Exam 2019 Eligibility below before blindly going for registration.
Nationality: A candidates must either be:
(i) a Citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
(v) a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii),
(iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India
Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limits, Sex & Marital Status
(i) For IMA – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January 1996 and not later than 01st January 2001 only are eligible
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1995 and not later than 01st July 2000 only are eligible
(iii) For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible; they should have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1995 and not later than 01st January 2001
i) For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB
- For CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but for entry to Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12.
- Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete.
- In the event of Air Force candidates being suspended from Flying Training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the laid down qualitative requirements (including 60% in graduation)
CDS Exam 2019 Fee Details
- Candidates (accepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
UPSC CDS Exam Application Procedure
- Candidates are required to apply online only using the link www.upsconline.nic.in click here to apply
- Detailed instructions are available on the above-mentioned website.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION:
(i) The Online Applications, the last date is 26th November 2018.
(ii) Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications are available at Appendix-II (B)
- The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates.